Returns, Refunds, and Exchanges
Items must be returned within 14-days of order receipt. A return authorization (RA) number is required for all returns. Please call Crocodile Train Store to obtain an RA#. A 15% restocking fee will be applied to all returned items, no exceptions. Returned items must be in new and resalable condition with all original boxes and packing. Shipping, handling, and insurance charges are non-refundable. Items that are purchased and returned for credit using a promotional discount, including free shipping offers, will be credited less the value of the promotion. Videos, Magazines, Books and reading material in general is not returnable.
Shipping will be charged to the customer from any returns that are part of a free shipping program. Shipping cost will be deducted from customers refund.
Merchandise that May Not be Returned:
- Merchandise on clearance or scratch and dent items will never be refunded for any reason.
- Electrical Transformers/Controllers/Speed Controls and/or Power Supplies for any reason.
- Liquids and Oils for any reason.
- Batteries for any reason.
- Trains Sets, Train Track, Locomotives or Rolling Stock for any reason except factory defect or initial shipping damage. See SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS for shipping damage and factory defects.
- Model Trains are not toys, they are limited run adult collectibles. The box and packaging are as important to the value as are the contents. Therefore breaking the plastic seal on a Model Train Locomotive, Model Train Set or Train Car destroys the items collectible value and therefore cannot be accepted for an exchange for any reason.
When packing your order for return, please be sure all the original packing material and instruction papers and/or manuals are included. We will be unable to process your return if parts are missing, or if items are not packed properly to avoid damage to products and their boxes and/or packages. In order to receive credit for a returned items, the contents must be returned in the original plastic covers and arranged in a manner that will not damage the contents or packaging. In addition all decorative packaging must be presentable. Do not use non-transparent tape to re-seal decorative boxes.
Decoder And DCC Systems Policy
Due to the sensitivity of installing decoders and understanding the operation of DCC systems, please contact the manufacturer directly for all technical and warranty assistance.
Returns sent COD will not be accepted.
If you receive defective merchandise, please contact us for return instructions. In most cases, we will accept returns and make adjustments; however, some manufacturers prefer handling defects directly. Defects found after the product is in use fall under manufacturer's warranty. A customer service representative will be happy to help you determine which procedure is appropriate for you.
If you are requesting another item in exchange for returned merchandise, and if that item is a different price, please indicate how you wish to pay or be credited for the difference. (MasterCard, Visa, etc.)
If we receive a cancellation request after your order has been accepted into our order processing system and we are able to physically accommodate your request, we will charge you additional paperwork processing fees of (s $10.00.
Orders will not be cancelled via E-mail correspondence.
Cancellation of Orders already accepted within our system and scheduled for shipment within the next 3 business days will be assessed a handling and restocking fee of 15% of the order total or a minimum $10.00 per order..
If approved a cancellation verification number will be issued to all cancellations. Cancellations are not valid without the cancellation verification number. A separate cancellation number must be obtained for each cancelled order and your processing fee invoices will be mailed to you.
Customers who refuse the delivery of a parcel for any reason except as described in the shipping sections as Damaged Merchandise, are responsible for the cost of shipping fees incurred to and from your destination, as well as a 15% restocking fee $10 minimum, whichever is more. Your credit card will be billed the appropriate amount for any refused delivery. Considerable time, effort, labor and materials go into each parcel we ship to you, and refunds will not necessarily be made in accordance with our refunds policy.
In the event that a customer has entered the incorrect shipping address, and the delivery of a parcel requires and address correction, the customer is then responsible for any and all fees that are incurred thereafter. Your credit card will be billed the appropriate amount for any necessary address correction deemed by any courier.
Charge Backs are NOT considered a way of REFUNDING. Please call or email us first so we can do our best to resolve any issues. Any Customer who initiates a credit card chargeback in response to a bill or order placed with Crocodile Train Store will be subject to full investigation. When placing an order with Crocodile Train Store will the Customer agrees to the terms and conditions explicated on our website. Thus, Crocodile Train Store will, resort to these documents as evidence for the Customer's agreement, especially in the event that a Customer sends a chargeback inquiry based on terms that he/or she first accepted, but is trying now to refute. If/When a chargeback report is received, the first step of Crocodile Train Store will Customer Care team will be to try to contact the Customer. If the Customer has sent a chargeback request based on groundless claims, then a dispute will be started in which our Policies, Terms And Conditions will serve as evidence of the Customer's agreement. All chargebacks that are unwarranted and the outcome is in Crocodile Train Store will favor, the customer will incur a $25.00 service charge.
Errors can happen, Crocodile Train Store is under no obligation to honor any listing or image found to be an error. We are not responsible for printing errors, for shipment cutbacks from any manufacturers/distributors, or for the acceptance of overbooked orders for a particular item. All items are on a first come first served basis.
Personal, business checks or money orders. – Crocodile Train Store only accepts credit cards or Pay Pal for on-line purchases
- Customer is responsible for all shipping charges to Crocodile Train Store distribution for all products being shipped for return, exchange or replacement. Products accepted by Crocodile Train Store for replacement will be shipped by Crocodile Train Store to customer, at Crocodile Train Store expense, using the shipping method of Crocodile Train Store choice. Products accepted by Crocodile Train Store for exchange will be shipped by Crocodile Train Store.com to Customer, at Customers expense, using the shipping method Crocodile Train Store choice.
- Customer is responsible for all risk of loss and damage to products being shipped for return, exchange or replacement. Please fully insure return shipment in case of loss or damage. Please use a carrier that is able to provide you with proof of delivery such as UPS, Federal Express or Airborne Express. This is for your protection as well as to ensure quick action on your return.
- Return privileges vary by manufacturer. You must contact Crocodile Train Store for an RMA number prior to shipping your products. Thank you for your past and future business with Crocodile Train Store
Return shipping address:
Crocodile Train Store
Attn: Returns Department
(Place your RMA number on this line)
43 Main Street
Dundee, NY 14837
If you feel a box has been lost in transit, please call with the order or invoice number and a list of the missing items. A tracer will be initiated at that time. A claim number will be issued if the carrier does not show delivery within 10 days of the scheduled delivery date. Credit will be issued for the missing merchandise when we obtain the claim number from the carrier.
Should you receive merchandise that is missing a part, please contact us. We will ensure that you are sent the part from our stock as appropriate. In accordance with a manufacturer’s request, we may direct the information or your call directly to the manufacturer.
Should you need a replacement or duplicate copy of your sales merchandise receipt for a purchase in the preceding 12 months, one will be mailed to you upon request. The office filing and handling charge for this service is $5.00 per transaction. This is available only to the original delivery address.